MEDICAL LAB SCIENTIST/MEDICAL LAB TECHNICIAN
This job posting is no longer active.
- Monticello, MN
- CentraCare - Monticello
- Full-time, Various
- Full Time- 80 hrs/pp, every third weekend, various hours
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Req #: 201906671-49722
- Posted: January 3, 2020
Performs standard laboratory procedures using established and approved protocol that require a broad exercise of independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical supervision. Responsible for operating, maintaining and validating instrumentation/equipment and records; major troubleshooting of equipment, instruments and procedures; recognized factors affecting measurement and takes appropriate action; performs quality control, proficiency testing and quality assurance activities related to test performance; recognize results that are abnormal or deviate from expected. May be involved in special projects, evaluations, and implementation of new methodologies in the laboratory. Patients of all ages are served. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates customer service principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- Bachelor Degree in Medical Laboratory Science required.
- Experience of 3 or more years in laboratory setting.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Certified by ASCP, certification eligible, or grandfathered in under CLIA 88.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal human relations skills.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.