- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- PLAZA-Radiation Oncology
- Full-time, Day
- 80 hrs/pp; Varying between 7:30a-5p, weekends as needed
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: C4 Clinical Professional 4
- Req #: 201906827-49864
- Posted: January 15, 2020
In collaboration with the Care Center and Hospital Leadership, the responsibility of this position includes patient treatment plan checks; weekly physics chart checks; monthly and annual machine quality assurance; SRS and SBRT oversight; as well as serving as a resource to the dosimetrists and physicians for difficult external beam treatment plans. Additional responsibilities will include SRS planning and involvement in acceptance testing and commissioning of new treatment machines as well as maintaining responsibility of the design, implementation, and standardization of the quality management program across all three sites. This individual should be a self-starter, demonstrating energy and enthusiasm to work within a team-oriented department.
- The preferred candidate shall possess a minimum of a Master of Science degree from a CAMPEP-accredited program in Medical Physics and at least 3-5 years clinical experience.
- Graduation from CAMPEP approved residency or equivalent experience
- ABR certified in Therapeutic Radiologic Physics
- Saint Cloud, Monticello, and Alexandria treat a total average of 80-100 patients/day
- Busy MLC-based SRS/SRT/SBRT program in Saint Cloud
- Currently ASTRO APEx accredited for all three sites
- TrueBeam accelerators in Saint Cloud (2) and Alexandria (1), all beam matched
- Elekta Synergy accelerator in Monticello (to be replaced with a TrueBeam)
- Large Bore Philips CT Simulators at all three sites
- EPIC, Eclipse, Velocity at all three sites
- ARIA in Saint Cloud and Alexandria, Mosaiq in Monticello (replaced with ARIA when TrueBeam goes in)
- 4 Radiation oncologists, 4 physicists, and 3.5 dosimetrists total for all three sites
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.