MEDICAL CODING -INPATIENT/CLINICAL DATA REIMBURS TECH
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- CCH Coding
- Full-time, Day
- 8:00 - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
- Professional/ Technical - Nonpatient Care
- Career Band: T4 Technical 4
- Req #: 202001021-50088
- Posted: March 20, 2020
This position is responsible for helping manage financial resources by performing DRG documentation quality reviews, analyzing and validating the accuracy of coded information and DRG assignment to ensure compliance and proper facility reimbursement. Responsible for taking a guiding role in the orientation and ongoing education to inpatient coding staff, hospital personal and providers, on coding guidelines and reporting on key findings of audits. Educates administration and department leadership on key data findings. Serves as a figurehead of knowledge as it relates to all coding systems in use; CMS. Federal and state coding regulations; and third-party reimbursement requirements. Acts as a resource person for the coding staff and makes sound decisions and exhibits strong leadership skills. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of HIM/Coding course.
- 3-5 years of Inpatient Coding and MSDRG Auditing experience
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- RHIT or RHIA
- Accredited by the American Health Information Management Association Expertise in using coding nomenclature classification systems
- Successful completion of medical terminology course.
- Previous experience working with EPIC
- Working knowledge of insurance and third-party billing
- Computer knowledge and keyboard skills.
- Must understand reimbursement methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge in the MSDRG methodology.
- Extensive knowledge of the official coding guidelines.
- Need to be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to compile and report results in a clear and concise manner to all levels of leadership within the hospital.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.