This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Care Management
- Full-time, Day
- 72 hrs/pp, M-F 8am-4:30pm
- Minimum $24.51/hr
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: C2 Clinical Professional 2
- Req #: 202001010-50077
- Posted: March 9, 2020
This Social Worker position will be located at the Coborn Cancer Center located at CentraCare Health Plaza.
As an integral part of the SCH (St Cloud Hospital) Care Management System, the Social Worker works with the interdisciplinary team in facilitating patient care by following the American Case Management Association's Standards of Practice: collaboration, communication, facilitation, coordination, advocacy, and resource management. Is accountable for a designated patient caseload and plans care effectively to meet patient/family transitional needs, monitor length of stay, and promote efficient utilization of resources. Facilitates the collaborative management of patient care across the health care continuum, intervening as necessary to remove barriers to timely and efficient care delivery, and reimbursement. Promotes patient and family centered care to achieve the hospital mission of improving the health and quality of life in the community that reflects the healing mission of Jesus. In addition, drives change by identifying areas of performance improvement and incorporating evidence-based practice. Provides age appropriate care to patients and families and incorporates standards of practice for specialized populations. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization. Serves as a preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff. Participates in the peer review process. Abides by the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Social Work or Bachelor’s degree in Sociology with 5 years of Social Work required.
- Two or more years of clinical experience as a Social Worker.
- Current and valid license to practice as a Social Worker in the State of MN required.
- ACMA Case Manager-SW Certification or obtain within 5 years of hire.
- Maintains knowledge of current evidence-based best practices.
- Critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary team. Excellent oral and written communication.