- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Benedict's Community
- Pastoral Care
- Part-time, Day
- 8:30AM-12:30AM, Monday-Friday, Rotating Sundays
- Support Services - Nonpatient Care
- Career Band: O2 Operational Support 2
- Req #: 202001199-50255
- Posted: January 16, 2020
The sacristan assists with the functions of the Main Chapel at CentraCare St. Benedict's Community. The sacristan prepares for chapel services by keeping clean the chapel and items used in services. They keep inventory of the supplies in the sacristy such as candles, communion hosts, wine, etc. and place orders for additional supplies as needed. The sacristan works with the Pastoral Care volunteers by checking in with the daily roster to assure volunteer attendance, assisting with the scheduling and training of volunteers, and utilizing the unique gifts our volunteers have to offer. The sacristan should also be willing to step in and serve as Eucharistic Minister or lector as needed. There is opportunity for the sacristan to help lead communion services, if desired. During daily Mass, the sacristan will serve as a Chapel Attendant-escorting residents in and out of the chapel, assisting residents with listening aids, and providing assistance to attendees as needed. The sacristan will arrange the d�cor in the chapel, particularly for special liturgical seasons and feast days. Reflects and abide by the Mission, Values, and Customer Services Standards of CentraCare St. Benedict's Community.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working with older adults preferred.
- Understanding of Roman Catholic liturgy and liturgical seasons preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and support of Christian/Catholic tradition and respect for diverse faith orientations.
- Guided by the "Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services."
- Ability to work as a team member within the department and organization.
- Professional and courteous customer services skills.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.