MEDICAL LAB TECHNICIAN
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Lab Plaza
- Full-time, Day/Evening
- 72 hrs/pp; 11am-9:30pm; 7 days on then 7 off
- Minimum $19.37/hour
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: T3 Technical 3
- Req #: 202001161-50220
- Posted: February 14, 2020
Day/Evening shift working 11am-9:30pm
7 days on then 7 days off, Wednesday through Tuesday
Responsible for accurately processing biological specimens from collection and initial handling through the generation of test results in several areas of the laboratory. Responsible for performing standard laboratory procedures. Patients of all ages are served. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care Principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- Associate degree from an accredited Clinical Laboratory Technician (CLT)/Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Program or other qualifications as outlined by CLIA regulation, section 493.1489 for employees hired before September 1, 1997 required. New Graduate’s degree must be validated within 2 months post-graduation.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- ASCP-BOC certified within 6 months with first exam completed within 3 months of hire, with certification verified within six weeks of exam.
- Recent experience of one or more years in large acute care facility preferred.
- Good computer knowledge and input skills required.
- Transportation available for off campus laboratory related activities may be required.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, a driving record in good standing, and the minimum amount of insurance liability coverage may be required.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.