This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Population Health
- Full-time, Day
- 80 hrs/pp, M-F 8am-4:30pm
- Professional/ Technical - Nonpatient Care
- Req #: 202001414-50443
- Posted: March 20, 2020
The Data Scientist will support CentraCare with insights gained from analyzing data acquired from a variety of sources which include Electronic Health Records (EHR), claims data, public data, and data from other organizations. The data scientist will use large data sets to find opportunities for procedural and process optimization by using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. The data scientist will use a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, using a variety of data models, running simulations and statistical process control applications. The data scientist will improve organizational results with his or her data-based insights. The data scientist will work with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The data scientist will demonstrate a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve organizational outcomes.
- Master’s degree required or commitment to finish related masters degree within 18 months.
- PHD preferred in data science, finance/accounting, business, mathematics, statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology OR; Quantitative analysis or related area of study.
- 3-5 years experience in one or more of the following areas: data analysis and assessment, problem analysis and/or statistical modeling.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts (linear and logistic regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with statistical process control applications.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience merging and analyzing data in multiple formats from multiple providers.
- Health Plan/ Insurance Data Analytics and claims data experience preferred.
- Experience with predictive analytics and mathematical modeling preferred.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Excel, Tableau, ClikView, etc preferred.
- Knowledge of Meta Data tools and technologies.
- Healthcare experience preferred including; administrative data, finance and reimbursement policies, and coding systems preferred