INPATIENT BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Mental Health Adult Inpatient
- Part-time, Night
- 32-48 hours per two week period. 7pm-7:30am, 11:30pm-7:30am
- Minimum $14.70/hr
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: T1 Technical 1
- Req #: 202001383-50420
- Posted: February 27, 2020
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN), provides direct and indirect care of patients ten years old to geriatric to meet their physical, educational, psychosocial and spiritual needs. Supports patient care needs by performing delegated patient care and non-patient care tasks. Responsible for assisting the patient care team in the treatment and care of patients and families in accordance with established policies, procedures, and unit standards to provide quality care. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers. Patients of all ages served.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training (NCI) initial and on-going training provided.
- Two years of college with courses in psychology, sociology, and/or social work or comparable job experience.
- Six months experience in nursing assistant or similar role.
- Experience with computers and typing skills.
- Must be able to effectively handle escalating behavior and utilize physical safety holds with aggressive patients.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.