HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR/NURSING ASSISTANT
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Cardiovascular Thoracic Unit
- Part-time, Day/Evening
- 48 hrs/pp
- Clerical/ Administrative
- Career Band: A2 Administrative Support 2
- Req #: 202001543-50563
- Posted: March 9, 2020
*This position will be a dual role as Health Unit Coordinator and Nursing Assistant in the Cardiovascular Thoracic Unit.
The Health Unit Coordinatior will be the primary role and will be scheduled approximately 48 hours/pay period. The Nursing Assistant role will be the secondary position and will be scheduled approximately 24 hours/pay period.
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR SUMMARY & QUALIFICATIONS:
Functions as a communication link for the unit. Participates in the coordination of unit activity through the processing of physician orders, procedure paperwork, and performing clerical and receptionist duties to support patient care staff to achieve the hospital mission of competent, Christian, holistic patient care. Patients of all ages served. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience/knowledge required.
- One year experience with office procedures and equipment with computer experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Certification as National Health Unit Coordinator preferred.
NURSING ASSISTANT SUMMARY & QUALIFICATIONS:
Supports patient care needs by performing delegated patient care and non-patient care tasks. Responsible for assisting patient care team in the treatment and care of patients in accordance with established policies and procedures and unit standards to provide quality patient care. Patients of all ages served. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training course or equivalent training is required.
- Basic knowledge of nursing assistant duties and responsibilities required.
- Medical Terminology Course preferred.
- In lieu of experience, incumbent will be provided with adequate training to achieve desired competency.
- Initial American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
- Stethoscope preferred.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.