This job posting is no longer active.
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
*Established practice with 16 surgeons and 10 advanced practice providers*
*Extensive mentoring program*
- 1.0 FTE
- Every 10th weekend
- 1-2 holidays per year
- Call is 1:9 (2-3 weeknights per month)
As a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with the General Surgery team, your practice includes, but is not limited to:
- Comprehensive health care assessment, diagnosis, initiation of appropriate care and treatment
- Continuous outcome monitoring of the general surgery patient population.
- Follow established protocols and collaborates with physicians
- Work independently in health care decisions.
- Establish a philosophy of patient and family centered care in all patient care practices
Some of the services provided and conditions treated include the following:
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Laparoscopic removal of the gall bladder
- Thyroid and parathyroid disease
- Breast diseases
- Biopsy of breast lesions
- Sentinel node excision
- All types of hernias
- Carpal tunnel surgery
- Stomach and small bowel surgery
- Cancer of the pancreas
- Thoracic surgery
- Pediatric hernias
- Endoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy
- Hemorrhoid, anal fistula, anal fissure surgery
- Melanoma surgery
- Excision of skin cancers, moles, cysts, fatty tumors
- Fulguration of warts, skin tags
- Removal of foreign bodies (example: splinters)
- Nurse Practitioners must have a registered nurse license in Minnesota, have successfully completed a formal nurse practitioner program approved by a national accrediting agency and be certified by a national certification organization recognized by the Minnesota State Board of Nursing.
- Physician Assistants must have certification of completion from an accredited program for physician assistants (accredited on behalf of the AMA, American Medical Association or CAHEA, the Committee on Allied Health Education & Accreditation), be certified by the NCCPA (National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants).
- CPR certification is required.
- Previous experience as an Advanced Practice Provider is preferred but not required.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.