LPN (or RN) - no scheduled hours; on-call every third weekend
This job posting is no longer active.
- Paynesville, MN
- CentraCare - Paynesville
- 700 Stearns
- Casual/on-call, Various
- on call
- Career Band: N1 Nursing 1
- Req #: 202002116-51098
- Posted: April 3, 2020
This position is an on-call every third weekend position with a temporary move to on-call every second weekend and then moving back to every third weekend. Call only - no scheduled hours. This is for Stearns Place and Washburne Court - Senior housing facilities.
Performs a variety of professional nursing duties in the care of residents, complies with state rules and regulations, and follows established policies and procedures of the building.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing for Licensed Practical Nurse
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nursing within the State of Minnesota and maintain current licensure
- Must be familiar with general nursing and geriatric nursing practices.
- Must demonstrate leadership, good judgment and dependability.
- Must be knowledgeable and accurate in the administration of medications and treatments.
- Must possess good listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform duties of nursing assistant.
- Must possess a desire to work with aged, infirm and disabled persons.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Must understand and communicate with specialized medical terminology.
- Explain procedures to residents. Read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, procedures and memos.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to residents, family members, or employees.
- Must be able to verbally communicate in a clear, precise manner, using calm, pleasant tone of voice.
- Must work as a team member and maintain a positive demeanor.
- Must receive a �not disqualified� criminal background result from the Department of Human Services.
- Must be free from TB based on appropriate screening.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.