REG RESP THERAPIST
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Respiratory Therapy
- Full-time, Various
- A,P, D, 3-11, P, 7-11pm rotating
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: C3 Clinical Professional 3
- Req #: 202002140-51118
- Posted: May 22, 2020
Find your purpose as a Respiratory Therpist at St. Cloud Hospital!
You’ll serve patients of all ages to prevent, assess, alleviate or correct breathing disorders associated with a medical trauma or disease.
Responsible for treating inpatients and outpatients, you’ll evaluate patient needs, establish treatment plans and provide treatments/services accordingly. May work with patients on an individual and/or group basis, using current technology and treatment techniques, consistent with department and hospital policies and procedures.
Responsible for independent therapist functions and delegated therapies which may be performed in collaboration with other health care team members or may be delegated by the therapist to the patient or other care givers who reside with the patient. In cooperation with other health professionals, the RRT will develop and implement specialized treatment programs as appropriate to meet patient needs. In the absence of the Section Director for Hospital Medicine or Department Director, the RRT will address any patient concerns.
- Graduate of a two or four-year Respiratory Care Program (preferably through the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) OR a Bachelor of Science degree in a health-related field with a certificate in Respiratory Care required.
- Specific clinical training in areas of special interest preferred.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) within two years of hire.
- Licensed as a Respiratory Therapist (RT) in the State of MN or temporary RT permit required.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required.
- NICU/Pediatric specialists must be certified by the Neonatal Resuscitation Program.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.