Experienced Emergency Medicine NP/PA Needed for 24-hour Shifts
- Long Prairie, MN
- CentraCare - Long Prairie
- Emergency Room APPs
- Full-time, Day/Evening/Night
- 24-hour shifts
- Advanced Practice Provider
- Career Band: P1 Provider 1
- Req #: 202002222-51190
- Posted: March 20, 2020
At CentraCare – Long Prairie, our specially trained providers and registered nurses provide care for any emergency situation.
This position is open to Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners who are interested in providing care in an Emergency Department setting. The candidate will work 72 hours every two weeks (three 24-hour shifts).
The Long Prairie Clinic/Hospital qualifies for the Federal Loan Forgiveness Program!
CENTRACARE – LONG PRAIRIE
CentraCare is a collaborative group of Central Minnesota healthcare professionals, working together to provide comprehensive, high-quality care, close to home. We aspire to be the leader in Minnesota for quality, safety, service, and value. CentraCare Long Prairie consists of an outpatient clinic, a 25 bed Critical Access Hospital and a Long-Term Care facility.
As a Level IV Trauma Center, CentraCare – Long Prairie's Emergency Department delivers prompt, quality trauma care for the area. Minnesota's Statewide Trauma System ensures that trauma patients get prompt access to the highest level of appropriate care.
CentraCare – Long Prairie was designated a Comprehensive Advanced Life Support (CALS) hospital by a coalition of Minnesota health care organizations and individuals. Minnesota's CALS program provides advanced life-support education to rural health care providers.
The CALS Hospital designation represents an institutional commitment to quality rural emergency medical care and recognizes the clinicians who have completed the education as well as the administrators who provided the infrastructure for this achievement. CentraCare – Long Prairie met the criteria at the highest possible level with 100% of nurses and provider staff trained in CALS. In addition, we have secured the recommended equipment and demonstrated commitment to the CAPS principles.
ABOUT THE LONG PRAIRIE COMMUNITY
- Community of about 3,400 people
- County seat of Todd County
- Located 55 miles from St. Cloud and 120 miles northwest of the Twin Cities, less than 20 minutes to I-94.
- Wide variety of businesses
- Abundance of recreational and leisure activities
- Excellent school systems
- Diverse agriculture and manufacturing base around one of the most productive and loyal workforces in the state.
- Major retail center for most of Todd County
- Well balanced variety of stores has helped the retailers of the community withstand the difficulties of other rural areas.
Visit these links to learn more about the Long Prairie Community
To be eligible for this position you must meet the following requirements;
- Certified as a Nurse Practitioner or hold a current Minnesota Physician Assistant Licensure
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a NP/PA/CNS
We would prefer that our candidate have a minimum of two (2) years of experience in one of the following;
- Emergency Department
- Urgent Care
- Family Medicine
- Walk-In Clinic
In addition, all applicants must have a current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider card and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number prior to receiving clinical privileges.
CentraCare has made a commitment to diversity in its workforce and all individuals, including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.