SAFE PATIENT HANDLING SPECIALIST (Employee Health Services)
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Employee Health Service
- Part-time, Day
- 64-72 hrs/pp; 8 hour Day shift, Monday-Friday
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: C2 Clinical Professional 2
- Req #: 202002375-51330
- Posted: June 3, 2020
Provides patient and family centered care through The Compass: St. Cloud Hospital's Nursing Professional Practice Model to achieve the hospital mission of improving the health and quality of life that reflects the healing mission of Jesus. Age appropriate care is provided to patients and families. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Maintains professional competencies by attending educational programs, participates in professional organizations, subscribing to the reading professional journals or other appropriate activities. In accordance with the philosophies of Employee Health Services and in compliance with the MN Safe Patient Handling Act, functions as a compliance resource for employees of St. Cloud Hospital. Creates and supports a culture of safety that encourages staff to engage in and comply with Safe Patient Handling guidelines through use of research/consultation/resources. Serves the employees of St. Cloud Hospital who are responsible for providing direct patient care. Implements and supports safety practices to assure staff compliance and safety for patients. Age appropriate care is provided to patients and families.
- Graduate from a nursing program required. Baccalaureate or Masters in Nursing preferred.
- A minimum of a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing must be obtained within three (3) years for those hired into an RN position on or after October 1, 2018.
- Three to five years’ experience in field of expertise.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Minnesota required.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in employee or occupational health setting preferred.
- Professional membership preferred.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.