This job posting is no longer active.
- Willmar, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Part-time, Various
- 48 hrs/pp, Various shifts
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: T2 Technical 2
- Req #: 202002423-51373
- Posted: June 12, 2020
The EMT provides pre-hospital emergency patient care and transport to patients of all ages (neonates, infants, children, adolescent, adult, geriatric, frail geriatric) and non-emergent services (basic life support, patient care and transport) in accordance with applicable standards, guidelines and regulations and CentraCare policies and procedures.
- Completion of an accredited EMT-Basic / EMT-Intermediate course required.
- Current BLS certification upon completion of unit orientation.
- NIMMS 100, 200, 700 certification required.
- Valid Class D Minnesota driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Completion of CentraCare EMS driving program. Driving program must be completed prior to completion of orientation. Refresher completed every 2 years.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Adhere to and implements the EMS incident response plan when appropriate.
- Knowledge of basic pre-hospital practices, procedures and equipment.
- Organizational, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or work independently as needed.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal human relations skills.