This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Full-time, Day
- 80 hrs/pp; 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
- Career Band: M2 Management 2
- Req #: 202002462-51411
- Posted: June 12, 2020
Enjoy a rewarding career at CentraCare as a Manager, Payroll in Human Resources!
Our growing healthcare delivery system is seeking out a responsible and savvy Payroll Manager to join our human resources department. Serving a patient population of 775k within the surrounding communities, this role is pivotal in leading a dedicated team to achieve consistent and dependable payroll results for our 13k+ employees. Committed to accuracy, the successful candidate will handle all payroll processing duties and will provide assistance to both human resources and finance departments when necessary. If you are a compassionate leader with a knack for details and process efficiency, this may be a good fit for you!
What you’ll do:
- Lead a knowledgeable team of payroll experts that processes payroll bi-weekly with accuracy.
- Maintain knowledge of changes in wage and tax laws at the federal, state and local level and liaison as needed.
- Delve into payroll processing steps to balance payroll accounts and take accountability to resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Set direction for time and attendance policies and develop audit procedures to proactively identify areas of concern.
- In partnership with HR technology leaders, set strategy for time collection software (Kronos) and support upgrades, pay rule migration, and continuous improvement.
- Set the functional purpose and training plan for a team of Kronos auditors to achieve time collection compliance objectives.
- Lead annual yearend and W2 processing and reconciliation activity.
What you’ll receive:
- An environment where employees are supported to building their skills, leverage networks, and seek out improvement.
- A voice within an agile and responsive HR management team.
- The opportunity to set up payroll within a new enterprise resource planning (ERP) environment (Oracle HCM) coming soon.
- Clear lines of communication to senior HR and organizational leaders.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, commensurate with your experience and talents.
What you’ll have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in Payroll management, including experience with payroll and time and attendance and other related HR technologies (Kronos and Oracle HCM a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, establish and maintain collaborative relationships and provide ongoing technology thought leadership.
- Self-directed, results focused with a consultative approach in working across the organization with all levels and functions
- A healthy blend of financial, payroll tax, and human resource acumen.