Pediatric Nurse Practitioner | Pediatric Hospitalist
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare Clinic
- Pediatrics Hospitalists
- Part-time, Day
- 10- hour shifts
- Advanced Practice Provider
- Career Band: P1 Provider 1
- Req #: 202002641-51573
- Posted: June 16, 2020
Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
CentraCare is hiring a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner to join the Pediatric Hospitalist team at St. Cloud Hospital! As a member of the Pediatric Hospitalist team, the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner will promote the emotional/social, developmental, and physical well-being of infants and their families through the delivery of comprehensive health care.
- Part-time, 0.625 FTE
- 5 shifts per pay period
- 10-hour shifts
- Every 3rd weekend
- 2 holidays per year
- No call or overnight shifts
The primary goal of this position is to provide care in the newborn nursery as well as care for Special Care Nursery patients at the St. Cloud Hospital. In addition, the role is expanding into our Pediatrics floor. Details include, but not limited to:
- Admit, round on, and discharge newborns
- Obtain credentialing in procedures such as circumcision
- Provide teaching, counseling, and guidance to families
- Supervise Family Medicine Residents (12 weeks per year) and Nurse Practitioner Students
- Facilitate appropriate laboratory screening and diagnostic tests related to early identification of newborn illness, or chronic conditions
- Prenatal consultations
- Collaborate with Hospitalists on other pediatric patients in the hospital
About St. Cloud Hospital:
- Central Minnesota's largest regional medical center
- Licensed for 489 beds
- “Truven Top 100” Hospital eleven times. St. Cloud Hospital is the only hospital in Minnesota that has received the Top 100 hospitals distinction 11 times.
- Designated Magnet hospital since 2004
- Level II Trauma Center- over 61,000 ER visits/year
- Recent $225-million construction project of a nine-floor wing featuring new surgery suites, including a state-of-the-art endovascular suite, a new ICU, CCU, CVTU, private patient rooms, NICU rooms with additional private rooms and Perinatology clinic
- CentraCare has been on the list of “Best Places to Work in Minnesota” by Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
- CentraCare puts pride in retaining caring, skilled professionals who are committed to quality and a culture of "Our Best for You."
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Pediatric Nursing.
- Graduate from a formal pediatric nurse practitioner program approved by a national accrediting agency.
- Be certified by a national certification organization of their specialty
- Previous pediatric/adolescent/newborn nursing experience required.
- Previous pediatric nurse practitioner experience preferred.
- CPR certification is required.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.