Somali Community Health Worker - Pediatrics Clinic
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare Clinic
- Full-time, Day
- 80 hrs/pp, M-F 8am-5pm
- Minimum $20.00/hr
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: T2 Technical 2
- Req #: 202002833-51756
- Posted: July 30, 2020
A member of the community who applies their unique understanding of the experience, language, and/or culture to communicate a comprehensive health education program to diverse members of the community specifically in a Somali education partnership with parents, families and children to complete behavioral-developmental screening. The Community Health Worker will be responsible for assisting patients with a variety of care coordination activities. Activities will vary based on patient need, but basic functions will include helping patients to navigate the healthcare system, understand and be connected to various clinics to eliminate barriers to care.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Competent in the skill of Somali language interpretation required
- Experience in community outreach, preferably with the target audience and culture
- Working knowledge of various systems of health care in the community
- Community Health Worker Certification preferred and will be required within 18 months of employment.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required prior to completion of unit orientation.
- A valid Minnesota driver’s license, a driving record in good standing, and the minimum amount of insurance liability coverage may be required.