PATIENT ACCESS ASSISTANT (Carris Health Rice Hospital)
This job posting is no longer active.
- Willmar, MN
- CentraCare - System
- Casual/on-call, Day/Evening/Night
- Casual position working a variety of rotating shifts; weekends and holidays as needed
- Clerical/ Administrative
- Career Band: A2 Administrative Support 2
- Req #: 202002884-51803
- Posted: July 27, 2020
Enjoy a rewarding career at CentraCare as a Patient Access Assistant!
Our Patient Access Assistants perform registration for CentraCare patients. This includes positions within the hospital and clinic settings. This role requires independent analysis, exercise of judgment and detailed knowledge of facility procedures related to the work performed. You will be responsible for obtaining and identifying information necessary to produce billable patient accounts. You will support and implement patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate.
What you’ll do:
- Direct patient interaction
- Registration for appointments
- Scheduling appointments or transmit information to other departments
- Patient insurance verification
- Process documents of a complex nature checking for accuracy and completeness
What you’ll receive:
- On-the-job training
- An environment where employees are supported in building their skills
- Open communication amongst the team and leaders
- Comprehensive Benefits package
What you’ll have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One to two year post high school training in clerical, secretarial or business area preferred
- One-year prior scheduling, billing, patient access, accounts receivable and/or collections experience in healthcare, preferably in a clinic or hospital preferred
- Customer services skills are essential
- Good verbal and written communications skills required
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.