DIAG MEDICAL SONOGRAPHER
This job posting is no longer active.
- Monticello, MN
- CentraCare - Monticello
- Casual/on-call, Various
- Casual- Specific hours needs, see description
- Professional/ Technical - Patient Care
- Career Band: T3 Technical 3
- Req #: 202003006-51918
- Posted: July 10, 2020
Casual sonographer position requires on call coverage: for every 6th weekend, approximately 2 evenings a pay period, and approximately 2 holidays a year. Also occasional day shifts working from 8 am to 4:30 pm to cover vacations and other time off.
Performs a variety of ultrasound examinations on patients of all ages utilizing specialized ultrasound equipment to provide diagnostic results for the purpose of patient care.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Registered in diagnostic medical sonography in the specialty(ies) as appropriate. Registry to be obtained within one year of candidate eligibility is required. The Imaging Director would need to evaluate any variation from this requirement. 1 Year Required and
- Basic Life Support Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
- Previous sonography experience preferred
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to use independent judgment to acquire optimum diagnostic information.
- Effective knowledge of sonographic procedures and equipment.
- High degree of knowledge in anatomy and physiology required.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal human relations skills.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.