ENDOSCOPY TECHNICIAN (Plaza)
This job posting is no longer active.
- St Cloud, MN
- CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital
- Part-time, Day
- 48-56 hrs/pp; varied day hours 7:30a-5:30p
- Support Services - Patient Care
- Career Band: T2 Technical 2
- Req #: 202002801-51723
- Posted: July 8, 2020
Responsible for assisting the physician and nurse intra procedures with biopsies, polypectomies, and patient coaching. Also responsible to maintain clean and bacteria free endoscopes and endoscopy suites within the established policies and procedures. Supports patient care needs by performing delegated patient care and non-patient care tasks. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
- High School Diploma or GED
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Healthcare Provider card required per established policy.
- Certified Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor certification within three years of hire
- An understanding of disinfecting procedures and clean versus sterile.
- Healthcare experience.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology as it relates to gastroenterology.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to read, write and follow directions.
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.